New project: modular-slitaz
This is a new project i started working on about 3 months ago. The reason it took this long was cause i need to update and fix alot of problems with slitaz. Mostly cause alot of package wore like 1 year old or more in some cases.
My modular-slitaz is different in that it makes slitaz more stable and flexable. I have some bugs on my system like for ex.
* my software clock is drifting by about 7 mins a day. Maybe more. I don’t know if this my scripts or slitaz. I believe this is slitaz.
* mounting hard drivers may get weird stuff. I only got this once but when mount the my sda3 drive i think i got some system files that are in like in proc or sys. I believe this maybe cause i made my own system settings for user and group files.
The main features with modular-slitaz:
* alot of packages for alot less in size. Like under 400mb.
* Games like warzone2100 and frozen-bubble in the iso.
* Added virtualbox-ose, blender, lmms, hydrogen, pidgin, firefox, clamav and bunch more.
* Also added a mirror modules of most of http://hg.slitaz.org/ repos.
The scripts can be look at here.
PS I started using slitaz so i can maybe make a all in one livecd/source dvd with auto build bot scripts. Archlinux keeps on moving more to binary source that can’t allow me to make mass backup of all Archlinux source packages with makeworld –allsource -c /home/arch/sources/core or something. Granted i think archlinux does alot of things better. Slitaz is no way better then archlinux when it comes just being able to just compiling things (ex. new gnome-doc-utils is a bitch on slitaz). I hope this helps people understand why i moved to slitaz.