Archiso-live 20090612 Release
Changes since last release:
* Using testing so we have kenrel 2.6.30 to test out. Wicd and module-init-tools are not update in this release since of problems with new wicd 1.6.0 working and module-init-tools need blacklist files to have .conf at the end of them.
* I have seen the kernel crash once when testing it on real hardware i think. I couldn’t read the dmesg since the screen just went black to fast to read it . I thought it was the ati driver acting up at first. I tested twice after that with noxconf and without noxconf boot option. It work just fine those times. If you see any crash like that try to see if you get the dmesg message and posted it to the comments. This iso is testing purposes only. Use at your own risk.
* There are not video-drivers module in this release. Couldn’t get catalyst to compile with kernel 2.6.30 anyway. ( The video-drivers module has packages so it installs and setup xorg.conf file with 3d drivers at boot with nonfree boot option. This will not work with this release.)
* Added gecko-mediaplayer to the base modules. This makes apple movie trailers work again.
* Added clamtk for virus scanning windows machines. You will have to download the main.cvd from clamav.net and put in /var/lib/clamav or $HOME/.clamtk/db. I’m not sure which one clamtk looks for.
Everything is up2date as of 5:00 PM EST on 20090612.
Package changes are here.